BabyNatal is a unique antenatal & postnatal education programme - totally unbiased, BabyNatal does not advocate any particular parenting style. BabyNatal empowers parents to discover what works best for them and their baby, provides education around possible techniques and safety advice, and empowers parents to have confidence to make their own choices!
BabyNatal antenatal classes include:
* All the practical skills you need for caring for a baby - bathing/top & tailing, dressing & nappy changing, soothing & winding, playing with baby to calming them for bedtime.
* All about those first few minutes and hours with baby - the first nappy & cord care, skin-to-skin contact, administration of Vitamin K, newborn checks/tests available etc.
* The Fourth Trimester - what it is and ways that you can help your baby adjust from the womb to the big world, through consideration of those first few hours following birth.
* Physiology of the newborn baby - helping you prepare for what they need in terms of feeding, sleeping, stimulation, etc.
* Role of dads - how dads can bond with their little ones and how they can be involved in caring. Includes the role of the dads in breastfeeding.
* Postnatal recovery - how to make those first few weeks as calm and confident as possible.
* Parenting choices - we will make you aware of your choices, so will explore different choices around sleeping, around using routine or a baby-led approach, around using buggies as well as baby carriers. We will enable you to explore your choices so that the decisions you make for the care of your baby are individual to YOU.
* Safety - we will make sure you are aware of any reccomendations and guidance for keeping your baby safe.
* Making friends - a BabyNatal class is a great way to meet other parents who are also expecting a baby!
Our teachers are friendly and professionally trained. All our teachers are accredited by UK antenatal regulator FEDANT.