A postnatal doulas role is to make sure the new mother is resting enough and getting the fluids and nutrition that is essential after childbirth. Our postnatal doulas assist with family adjustment, newborn care and feeding and the promotion of parent-infant bonding.
Many mothers find it most useful to hire us once their partners paternity leave has finished. We provide support in learning how to juggle both baby and the household chores, as well as making sure that Mummy still gets some time to rest and recuperate.
Our Postnatal Doulas offer a range of services that may include:
* Practical and emotional support to the new mother and father in the home following the birth of the baby
* Support the mother in establishing feeding with the new baby through either breastfeeding or formula feeding
* Light household tasks such as laundry, dishes and vacuuming
* Watching the baby while the mother has a nap or relaxing bath
* Assisting with baby and sibling care
* Supporting mum on her first trips out with her new baby
* Helping to recognise symptoms of Baby Blues and other postnatal mood disorders and refer mum to the proper resources for help
Our Postnatal Doula service fee is £18 per hour within 10 miles of our base in PE8, if you are further than this we may charge a nominal fee for travel - please contact us to find out more! We require our postnatal doula bookings in blocks of 2 hours, aside from this we are very flexible about how frequently and what times of day you require this support. To book an initial meeting with our Postnatal Doula, please contact us.
You can rest assured that booking a postnatal doula through Bump, Birth and Beyond means you will be in safe hands. Our doulas are women who have experienced labour and childbirth,have attended as a doula at (at least) two births already, and hold an Antenatal, Birth and Postnatal Doula Certificate from the University of Middlesex. All doulas have a CRB enhanced check which clears them for working with vulnerable adults and children, and are fully insured.